Tuesday, 9 June 2009

Brrr - It's Cold In The Mountains

We had an extra day added to our weekend this week to celebrate The Queen's Birthday! Happy Birthday to you! To make the most of this special day, I caught the train up to the Blue Mountains. I knew it was going to be cold, but it was actually FREEZING - winter clothes required (shame I don't have any here).

I realised, about half way through my little trek, that no one actually knew where I was. What if I fell down in to the valley or slipped in to the waterfall - how long would it take to find me? I texted Clare to give her my exact location and to raise the alarm if I wasn't home by dinner.

The walk/trek was a little longer than I'd planned but luckily I was fully prepared with liquid and sugar supplies. I thought fizzy snakes would definitely save me if I was stuck in the wilderness.

I ate so many snakes that I started to feel a bit sick but I managed to get to the end of my walk before the sunset.


Katoomba to Leura - done and still alive!


No comments:

Post a Comment